Assists in engineering projects by performing the following duties:
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects, including attending project meetings.
- Assists in Business Development efforts including but not limited to attending conferences, public speaking engagements, marketing, and potential client visits.
- Prepares Outside Plant (OSP) designs for Fiber-to-the-Premise projects.
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for projects.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Prepares or modifies reports, funding applications, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental reports, permits and designs for project.
- Revises plan documents and coordinates with draftsperson/technicians to modify designs.
- Conducts periodic site visits to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents and plans.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare design computations.
- Performs occasional drafting.
- Responsible for quality control & network documentation.
- Evaluates existing technologies to make recommendations to clients regarding which technologies are appropriate for their application.
- Coordinates with service providers and clients to troubleshoot network issues.
- Prepares plans and specification for a wide range of equipment/technologies.
- Provides configuration assistance with access equipment, networking equipment and management equipment (Windows and Linux servers).
- Conducts DC power plant and grounding designs/audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred). Will consider Civil, Construction Management, or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Registered P.E. or ability to become licensed within 6 months.
- 4 or more years of related work experience required.
- Experience of OSP Design and/or Rural Utilities Service experience preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of utility construction preferred.
- Proficient computer skills (Office, Visio, ArcGIS and AutoCAD preferred).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Prior to employment, must pass a background test and drug test.
- Available to travel approximately 30%.
Communication Network Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
To apply for this job please visit cnefargo.com.